Monday, August 8, 2011

Mirror Image Technique

Okay, so I have seen this done before and I really wanted to try it. I know there are several different ways to do this, but I just could never get it right. I was blog hopping the other day and found a really easy way to do a mirror image. I am going to show you the card and then try to describe it. I hope it makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

First, choose your image. Mine comes from a classic set called Lovely as a Tree. It has been in the catalog forever.

Second, stamp your image on your card stock. This one is in Early Espresso.

Third, stamp the same image on a piece of acetate (better known as transparency film at my house).

Next, take the acetate turn it upside down with the ink towards the card stock and line it up with the first image.

Then, take a brayer and rub over the back of the acetate to transfer the ink to your card stock. Be careful not to move the acetate, but you will want to press pretty hard with the brayer. Make sure to rub over the entire image.

I then used a Blender Pen and Old Olive ink to color the grass. All supplies are SU! (except the acetate).

Remember, you can purchase any of these items through my website.

Have a great Monday!
dan

2 comments:

Pam said...

Thank you for explaining this technique! I have always wondered how it was done. It's so simple. Now I have to get that stamp set. I think I am the only stamper that doesn't have it yet.

penguinstamper said...

Hi Danielle! I'm happy you explained this, too! I've always wanted to try it, but never have! Now I'll have to give it a shot!

Penny