Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Big Delay

Okay - so the new start was a bust. What was I thinking? I wasn't apparently because I did not go anywhere but posting and then set down the computer apparently. I wish I could say that was true - but like everything in my life, I am terrible at follow through. I have a thousand projects started and very few finished. There are no excuses or explanations - just a realization that I did not make blogging a priority.

So with all of that said, I will say that I am going to do better. It will not be a year and a half between posts. I promise!

Here is what has been going on in the Adams' family for the last 18 months or so. Life that is what has been happening. We now have two children in high school and one that will be driving soon - WOW where did the time go? Our business is doing well even in this terrible economy. We are so thankful that God is so faithful - even we are not. I am still teaching at high school - much to my children's pleasure not at the same one they attend. We have just had the first sign of real rain in our area since the beginning of the year. And I am getting ready for another Stampin' Up Convention - and I can't wait.

So here is one of the things that I will be swapping at Convention. (I know you are not suppose to show before the convention, but I am just too excited). It is very easy to make and uses the Big Shot and Sizzix die that are sold by SU!
1
To make this snowflake you will need the following items:

Aluminum Foil
Anywhere Glue Stick (104045)
Big Shot
Snowflake Die
Cherry Cobbler Paper
Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine
Bone folder or ruler
Small hole punch or awl

To create the snowflake:

1. Glue foil to the Cherry Cobbler paper - cover paper in anywhere glue and lay foil on top - use a bone folder or ruler to press out the foil.
2. Trim excess foil from edge of paper.
3. Cut paper to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece (you will get 4 out of an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper.
4. Make your big shot sandwich using the die, paper and cutting plates.
5. Run the whole thing through your Big Shot. (I only did one at a time!)
6. Punch small hole in top of snowflake.
7. Attach baker's twine and tie a knot.
8. You have a great, inexpensive ornament to share!

I will be making several for a dear friend that just moved to Memphis. When she saw them she had to have some for her tree!

Well I hope you enjoyed this quick project. I better get into the craft room so you don't have to wait another 18 months for my next post.

danielle

No comments: